The Andre Stenin International Press Photo Contest is held in honour of a young Russian photographer, Andre Stenin. His journey commences as a journalist for the Society sector of Rossiyskaya Gazeta and later propelling him as a special correspondent of the Rossiya Segodnya Integrated Directorate of Photography.
Andre Stenin is recognized for his courage and bravery, receiving the Order of Courage award for capturing dire straits and harsh realities of conflict areas around the world. He is honoured after his passing in early August, 2014 while on assignment
The Press Photo Contest, Russia’s only international photography contest aims to promote young photographers and support them in their individual strives for professional perfection.
The 2016 contest showcases five categories for which young photographers are able to exhibit in such as:
- Top News. Important events in the life of individuals and nations as a whole are the main subject of entries in the category: major political and social events; reports from war zones and places struck by natural disasters; decisive moments in people’s lives.
- My Country. This category involves entries reflecting issues connected with national traditions and the modern life of the author’s country; its history, culture and everyday life.
- Sports. This category involves entries, which captured moments in sport: victories of athletes and dramatic losses; daily sports training; the beauty of sports competitions.
- World Colours. Harmony of Life. This category involves entries reflecting the entire multicoloured palette of topics and images from all over the world. The author’s task is to show an everyday life kaleidoscope in its timeless beauty and harmony, uniting scenes from everyday life; the life of big cities and small towns; nature pictures; ethnographic and religious holidays.
- Portrait. A Hero of Our Time. This category involves entries such as individual or group portraits of people. Photos can be documentary and posed. The determining factor in this category is the author’s ability to reveal the inner world of his characters, express their mental qualities and character through the uniqueness of their appearance and looks as a whole.
The Winners 2016 Exhibition exhibits a select number of photographers from around the world along with their body of works, whom have excelled in the above categories. The exhibition takes place at Eclectica Print Gallery, opening its doors on Tuesday, 25th October 2016 and runs until Friday, 28th October, 2016.
For more information on the annual Andrei Stenin International Press Photo Contest, log on to: stenincontest.com